Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 1

So, here is a serious confession:

Everybody is NOT on a diet.
Or rather, as of yesterday Everybody was not on a diet.

Today is Day 1 of the South Beach Diet.  Fad diets have such a bad reputation, but I think that SBD is really just a fancy way of saying "stop eating crap".  Granted, there is the fabulous 2 week cleanse period, but I'm still eating good food during that time.  pfft, whatever.

Anyway, today is Day 1!
For breakfast I had a 2 egg omelet with spinach, smart balance, and 1/3 of an avocado, topped with (a little too much) 2% cheddar.


Currently, I am sitting at my kitchen, drinking coffee (with FF half & half and splenda, thankyou) and printing out all sorts of paraphernalia for this "lifestyle change".  I need to buy groceries like nobody's business, but here is the general plan for the day:

Breakfast: duh, I told you

Snack: handful of almonds

Lunch: Tomato, spinach, and balsamic salad.  Morningstar mushroom burger.

Snack: green tea and steamed broccoli

Dinner: Lean pork chops, and grilled veggies (zucchini, squash, eggplant, red onion)

-------------

Around 5 I'm planning a 2 mile run with the pup.  Have I shown you my new Saucony Kinervas? They're boss.


"Hey lady, sweet kicks" "yeah, I know"

AMENDMENTS:
No, I did not go running.  No, I did not eat my planned out meals.  What I did do, however, was stick to allowed foods and be a miserable, miserable person.  

No comments:

Post a Comment