Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 7

One week down! sweet!

First thing in the morning I treked downtown to our local farmers market which is held under an overpass in the city.  It is, hands down, one of my favorite things I love where I live, and in my opinion, is made even that much better by the presence of a thunderstorm.

$15 bucks at the FarMar got me: 3 huge zuchinni, 1 giant eggplant, 6 heirloom tomatoes, a big bag of baby spinach, 2 groups of green onions, and about 5 multicolored peppers.

Also, a delicious omelet.  Oh yes, I walked past the delicious donut and pad thai stands, even the coffee stand (which I'm sure wouldn't have splenda or FF H&H) straight to the omelet man, who made me a mushroom, asparagus, roasted red pepper, and spinach omelet with a pinch of cheddar cheese.  Perfect.

By the time I got home it was just about lunch time, so I had a bit of the SBD flan I made earlier for lunch.

Dinner consisted of shrimp fajitas, without the shell.  Shrimp, heirloom tomato (so good!), romaine lettuce, peppers, onions, guac, LF sharp cheddar, and FF sour cream.  Amazing.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment