Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 5

After having an internal lecture on how I really truly wasn't eating enough vegetables, I tried to amp it up today and feel pretty darn successful.  It's weird that before SBD my plate consisted of probably 60%  veggies, but that while on Phase 1 vegetables are the chore that I just really, really don't want to eat.  I would much prefer bacon wrapped ham.

Maybe I should have done Adkins.  joke!

Breakfast: black beans and shredded yellow squash cooked in smart balance.  (weird, but an amazing alternative to eggs)
Snack: Miso soup
Lunch: Portobello cap stuffed with leftover bean bean breakfast mixture and LF cream cheese.  (delicious)
Snack: Chocolate PB "milkshake"
Dinner: Salad with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, red peppers, homegrown tomatoes, and grilled chicken with a mustard vinagarette.

After dinner, we had some people over for game night where we munched on sliced veggies and homemade hummus.

Yes! I made hummus for the first time!  I forgot to take a picture, unfortunately, but in the blender I mixed:

1 can of chickpeas
1/4 cup olive oil (we couldn't find tahini!)
the juice of 1 lemon
1 tbs of minced garlic
1/2 tsp of cumin

It was pretty good, but I have grandiose plans for the next humus making, which will hopefully be this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment